Trichloroisocyanuric Acid Granules
Minimum Order Quantity: 50 Kg
|Available Chlorine (min.)||90%|
|Usage/Application||Water treatment Chemicals|
|Packaging Size||50 Kg|
|Melting Point||249-251 Deg.C|
Trichloroisocyanuric Acid & chemical is used as a disinfecting agent in swimming pools and fountain water bodies and helps in achieving sparkling clean and clear water. Our TCCA-90 provides long-term effects in keeping your swimming pools free from bacteria and algae. With no side-effects on skin, hair and eye etc.
TCCA can be used in water treatment, especially in swimming pool water treatment, drinking water treatment, algae removing of industrial circulating water, treatment of industrial or city sewage, disinfection of petroleum well drilling slurry and sewage and production of seawater cells.
TCCA can be used in dishware disinfection, preventative disinfection of houses, hotels and public places, hygiene and diesel control in hospitals, and environment disinfection in fish, silkworm, livestock and poultry feeding places. TCCA also can be used in fruits and vegetables disinfection and preservation. TCCA can also be used in textile cleansing and bleaching, wool shrink resistance, paper insect resistance, and rubber chlorination, etc.
TCCA has been proved to be a better and more economical alternative to bleaching powder and sodium hypochlorite for all kinds of chlorination applications.
- Chemical Name :Trichloroisocyanuric Acid
- Formula : C3O3N3Cl3
- CAS Number : 87-90-1
- Molecular Weight : 232.44
- Appearance : White Powder, Granules or 200 gm Tablets
- Effective Chlorine : 90.0%
- PH(1% soln) : 2.7 to 3.3
- Moisture : 0.5% max.
- Solubility at 25°c : 1.2 (gm / 100 gm water)
Available As :
- Powder (200 mesh)
- Granular (8-30 mesh)
- Tablet - 200 gms
Chemistry of Trichloroisocyanuric Acid : After hydrolysis in water, TCCA will be converted to Hypochlorous acid (HOCL), which has strong microbial activity. The hydrolysis by-product, cyanuric acid, acts as a stabilizer and prevents conversion of hypochlorous acid into hypochlorite ion (OCL-) owing to sunshine and heat, which has low microbial activity.
Advantages of TCCA :
- Cost effective and stable source of chlorine
- Easy to handle, ship, store and apply. Save expensive cost of dosing equipment.
- No white turbidity (as in case of bleaching powder)
- Long duration of sterilizing effect
- Stable in storage - long shelf life.
- Disinfection of civil sanitation and waste water
- Disinfection of swimming pools
- Disinfection of industrial water pretreatment
- Oxidizing microbiocide for cooling water systems
- Bleaching agent for cotton, gunning, chemical fabrics.
- Animal husbandry and plant protection
- As anti-shrink agent for woolens and battery materials
- As deodorizer in distilleries
- As preservative in horticulture and aquaculture industries
Handling : Keep the container closed when not in use. Store in cool, dry and well-ventilated area, away from fire and heat. Use dry, clean clothing when handling TCCA. Avoid breathing dust, and do not bring in contact with eyes or skin. Wear rubber or plastic gloves and safety glasses.
Packing : TCCA is available in 50 kg HDPE drums (for powder, granular and tablets)
- Delivery Time: 1 Week
- Packaging Details: Standard